1. Our Mission Statement
Our journey: To simplify and accelerate the mortgage application process by moving it online.
The destination: A place we like to call ‘Mortgage Joy’. We'll get you there in no time.
We believe that buying a home should feel exciting, not like hard work and stress. That’s why our team of experts has built a beautiful solution.
2. What is Mortgage Propeller
Mortgage Propeller is an online solution for both home buyers and mortgage brokers. Our technology simplifies the mortgage application process, and accelerates your journey to mortgage joy.
Home Buyers and 'Remortgagers' can complete their details online over a simple, easy-to-navigate platform and connect to an online Mortgage Expert to get their mortgage deal. Everything is done over our simple platform, including submitting documents and tracking progress, but you will never be left feeling lost or alone.
At Mortgage Propeller we pride ourselves on that human touch and friendliness, when we started it was essential that our platform felt approachable and the opposite of intimidating. Along your application journey, your (human) FCA-approved mortgage expert is on hand to support you through email, or over the phone anytime.
Thanks to the platform and the expert Advisors using it, we can knock weeks off your mortgage lead time!
3. How we help
So, how does the Mortgage Propeller platform make things better?
Complete transparency. Track your application in real-time! and access your application anywhere, anytime.
Select your Mortgage Expert. Create your account, complete the essential details, and select a Mortgage Expert in your area.
Just the essentials. We've only included the essentials in our application, no waffle or tedious bits.
Goodbye Paperwork. Upload your essential documents, complete your application online, and say goodbye to paper forms.
Jargon-free. Fly through your application thanks to our simple 'information icons' which will explain each section.
Speed. Because you've already completed your information in advance of match-making, your mortgage conversations and the journey will move much faster.
4. How it works
Let's break it down. Exactly what will happen?
1. Create your Mortgage Propeller account here. This means you can hop back into your application anytime, and share your details with a partner if you're completing a joint application.
2. Once you've created your account you'll need to complete some basic details and the first three sections of your Fact Find. Then select a Mortgage Expert in your area. You can even send them an introductory message ahead of your first chat.
3. Next, while you're waiting for your Mortgage Expert to get in touch (it won't be long so have your phone handy!), you can go on to complete the rest of your details so your first chat will be as productive as possible.
3. This is a much more refined and smooth process when compared to the 30 pager questionnaire usually supplied, it should take you 10-20 minutes to complete (depending on your circumstances).
6. Your FCA-approved Mortgage Expert will give you a call to discuss your situation, and review all your details in the Fact Find. In no time at all, they will assess if you'd be eligible for a mortgage. (They may also follow up with you by email.)
7. From here it will all happen pretty quickly for you if you're suitable for a mortgage, your Mortgage Expert will get your decision in principle, once you've found your dream home they'll be able to get you the best mortgage deal, and you'll have pure Mortgage Joy in no time!
Remember that if you’re having any trouble you can always reach out to us at email@example.com.
5. Founding story
Founded by Matt McAlister and Brendan Sheehy in January 2020, we’ve done a lot in the shadow of Covid-19; Secured investment, built a great team overflowing with talent, partnered with expert mortgage advisors from across the UK, and developed a technology solution that makes the mortgage application process fast and smooth.
Matt has an unusual story, about buying his first home with a credit card and the difficulty he got himself into trying to get a mortgage for that home. A decade later he and his wife sought a mortgage for their family home and witnessed how the archaic application process hadn’t changed. This is a decade where self-driving cars were no longer science fiction.
Matt watched his wife get upset following 3 months of email requests for ‘just one more thing’, almost cost them their home when the lender requested all new documents because the original paperwork was now out of date. Things had to change. So here we are. Changing things.
We believe the mortgage application process shouldn’t take the joy out of buying a home. If anything it should facilitate excitement and happiness in the anticipation of getting into your dream home. This is our core value and the foundation of our mission.
Mortgage Propeller is a trading name of Hazel Way Company Limited (Company No. NI666826). This site’s primary service is to provide technology to FCA authorised Mortgage advisors to support borrowers with their Mortgage application. Mortgage Propeller is not authorised to give, and does not give, any financial or legal advice through this site.