Want to help change the mortgage industry for the better?
We do more than give out mortgage advice. We provide solutions. Technology is developing at a rocket pace and the mortgage world needs to keep up, and we are here to give it the push that it needs.
At Mortgage Propeller we believe in providing mortgage solutions that keep up with the times, whilst still retaining that essential human touch making our client’s experience efficient, friendly, and reassuring.
Our innovative platform bridges the gap between brokers and aspiring homeowners, taking all unnecessary paperwork out of the equation making your job easier, and the client happier. It’s a win-win on both ends.
After buying a home with a credit card, and continuously fighting for a mortgage for two years, Matt McAlister decided he’s had enough, and that things had to change. Partnered with Brendan Sheehy, they decided to make a platform that will improve the world of mortgages once and for all.
Thanks to their combined expertise, hundreds of hours of research, development, and broker feedback the Mortgage Propeller platform came to life, and boy it did not disappoint. A tool that truly targeted all of the pain points in the mortgage application process, it was finally ready to launch.
It didn’t take long for them to secure their first investment and kick-off, rapidly filling the team with talent and working with expert mortgage advisors from across the UK. Brokers loved it,
clients loved it and the positive reviews started rolling in, allowing us to move into our first permanent headquarters Catalyst, Belfast.
Although it’s been a wild ride, we are nowhere near finished. The story of Mortgage Propeller is only on it's first chapter, as we are rapidly growing, improving, and developing to ensure that the mortgage process becomes smooth, easy, and problem free, as it should be.
Yes, clients matter. But so does our team. Our company culture is one where you can always feel safe to speak your truth. One where your opinions will be valued and respected, and most
importantly, will always support your health and wellbeing.
We are always listening, giving the team a safe space to express their needs and wants to make sure that our place of work is tailored specifically to the people that make it whole.
Hybrid working? Check. Modern, easily accessible Belfast office? Check. Flexible hours, free gym membership, and free car parking space? Check.
And of course, in our true Northern Irish manner, a bit of banter is essential, so it’s not often that you will go a day without a couple of laughs and friendly chats.
1. Mortgage and Protection Advisor
Salary: Basic of £25k to £30k (depending on experience), with OTE £65k+ within 2 years
Location: Northern Ireland / Belfast
It’s rare an opportunity presents itself in the Mortgage industry like this. We are seeking ambitious Mortgage & Protection Advisors who want to take their career and earning potential to the next level and be part of our journey. Based in Northern Ireland, the UK’s most exciting Fintech is hiring.
You will support new and existing clients to finance the purchase of family homes, investment properties and switch mortgage providers, powered by our own online platform.
Leads and support will be provided but the Broker is expected to self-generate a small percentage of their own business over time.
You will provide advice to clients throughout their mortgage and protection applications.
Mortgage Propeller is building the UK’s newest, most innovative mortgage advisory business. We invest in our people and build technology solutions to help you to achieve your full potential, while also streamlining the mortgage journey.
We launched and grew during the pandemic with the goal of creating technology that would make Brokers’ and Borrowers’ lives easier. And we achieved that.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding team of Mortgage Experts and grow with us, right at the beginning of our next chapter.
- Provide Mortgage and Protection advice to new and existing clients
- Conduct initial meetings with prospective clients, primarily via virtual face-to-face but also in person if necessary
- Assess the client’s financial circumstances, credit history, and affordability to find the most suitable mortgage
- Guide clients through the process including gathering relevant documentation and inputting data to the platform to complete the lending process
- Recommend and provide tailored solutions to match the clients' requirements
- Act on referrals as they arise, build client relationships, with a customer-first attitude
- Adhere to compliance and regulatory requirements
- Contribute to the success of the business; work across the team to better our tech and marketing solutions to generate leads
- Identify business opportunities and make recommendations to grow revenue and market share
- Be a team player. Support and challenge colleagues in other areas of the business - your opinion matters
Experience and skillset:
- Full CeMap qualification (or equivalent) with CAS status
- 1 year Whole of market experience essential
- Working knowledge of the mortgage and underwriting process; documentation requirements and pipeline management etc
- Ability to engage and service clients to a high standard
- Good all round technical competence
- Excellent working knowledge of compliance requirements
- A strong work ethic, deadline oriented, confident in their decisions and supportive in their approach
- Strong attention to detail and motivated to succeed
- Great communication and relationship building skills
- Eagerness to challenge and exceed targets - remuneration potential is limited only by the candidate's ambition.
- This is a Full-Time employed position.
- Basic of £25k to £30k (depending on experience), with OTE £65k+ within 2 years
- Pre-qualified leads provided
- Flexible working hours
- Learning and Development support
- Opportunities for equity options (discretionary)
Applicants must be based in Northern Ireland and able to travel to the Belfast office*
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mortgage Propeller is a trading name of Hazel Way Company Limited (Company No. NI666826). This site’s primary service is to provide technology to FCA authorised Mortgage advisors to support borrowers with their Mortgage application. Mortgage Propeller is not authorised to give, and does not give, any financial or legal advice through this site.